Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5

Just finished playing poker for the day.
The regs are getting insane. There are two regs who just seem to really not care who registers behind them, and they are playing 10+ tables for hours on end, and there are loads more who will reg even behind those. None of them have to be very good to hurt the games, and all of them combined can make the games very dry or even unprofitable.
Today I spent 6 hours just to play 48 games. I'd usually get nearly double in that time, but I had to game select around everyone else. I also included some 45 and 90 man sngs just to keep more than one screen up when the regs were at their worst.

The MTTsngs went pretty gay. I only played 5 of them. I busted 4, and in a 90man KO I got to 3rd place and lost AA < J8o allin pre-flop for what would've been a pretty hefty chip lead. 3rd was $250ish for the $26 buyin. I ran pretty decent in the STTs, which was surprising because it felt like I was getting crushed the whole time.

Games: 48
Profit: $957

Games to go: 1,247
Profit to go: $7,732


I'm just slightly ahead of pace for 1,500 games this month, which is disappointing because I wanted to get a nice lead going.
It may prove to be difficult to get the right amount of volume in playing just these games with how the regs have been this week, but hopefully that's just a phase they are going through because of the new year and they'll start falling off soon.


Oh, and some more fun news. I've got a cool little star by my name on SS now. I made the Turbo 101-300 leaderboard (currently 15th).
This really doesn't mean much at the moment, and I'm likely to go up and down on and off the list for at least a few months, but one of my goals for the year of 2010 is to end up with my name in the top 10 or top 5 (unless I make a move to a different game).



(that's a bad screenshot, but you get the idea).


Time for some AD, oreos, and then sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment