Wednesday, October 7, 2009

good day, bad regs

The amount of regs (regular grinders, generally players who are break-even or better and play a lot of games) registering into games ontop of each other today was really frustrating.
I have a coding system for regs... 1, 2, 3, and 4.
1 = top player
2 = solid player, but has some leaks / possibly top player but not established yet.
3 = breakeven player. this player ranges from very slight winner to very slight loser, basically a break-even player, they aren't good players but they aren't good for the games either.
4 = possibly a good player but no sample size / reads to prove it yet.

When I opened the first lobby I see a 1, 2, and 3 registered, the only 3 players in the lobby. As I'm laughing at this a 4 registers behind. I don't care how good at poker you are this game is not worth playing, you'd just be burning your money.
These people really piss me off. They ruin the games for everyone, including themselves.
To the 1's credit he unregged after the 4th player (it's no wonder he makes more money than the other 3).

Any way it was like this for pretty much 2hrs straight (I'd check every 15 mins or so). I decided to give up, and went and got a haircut instead of playing.

A few hours later I took a look and no regs loading so decided it was time to go. I took a shot of 5hr Energy and took off.
I got to play for 2.5hrs before the reg-on-reg action started again at which point I decided it was better to just call it a night.
I played really solid and ran really good over the 21 games I got in.



Haven't had one of these days in a while.

Was soooo close to being a $1k+ day but on my last table I end up bubbling against two really bad passive players (A9 < QK, A9 < A5, QQ < A6).
Oh well, can't complain.

:)

1 comment:

  1. sick 21 game session you lazy bastard, game selection ftw tho - nh!

    ReplyDelete